Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Country courier [microform]. (New York) 1816-1817
New York (1816-1817)
The Country courier [microform]. : (New York) 1816-1817
- Place of publication:
- New York
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Barent Gardenier
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 3, 1816)-v. 2, no. 32 (Mar. 24, 1817).
- Semiweekly (irregular)
- New York (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- New York (State)--New York County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01234953
- New York (State)--New York.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204333
- New York County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Film covers: v. 1, no. 1-39, v. 2, no. 1-32; June 3, 1816-Oct. 21, 1816, Dec. 5, 1816-Mar. 24, 1817.
- This semi-weekly magazine superseded the Examiner and was also edited by Barent Gardenier. While the Examiner was mainly a political magazine, the Courier focused on all kinds of news--foreign, domestic, local, and political, as well as the proceedings of Congress and the state legislature. Much of the material was selected from other papers, particularly the New-York Courier, a daily paper. There was also a column on literature called "The Critic," and some poetry and anecdotes. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
View complete holdings information