Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Christian secretary [microform]. (Hartford, Conn.) 1822-1896
Hartford, Conn. (1822-1896)
Christian secretary [microform]. : (Hartford, Conn.) 1822-1896
- Place of publication:
- Hartford, Conn.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Feb. 2, 1822)-v. 75, no. 15 (Mar. 25, 1896).
- Connecticut--Hartford County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211874
- Hartford (Conn.)--Newspapers.
- Hartford County (Conn.)--Newspapers.
- Imprint varies: Feb. 2, 1822-Dec. 27, 1823 issued by the Connecticut Baptist Missionary Society; for Jan. 3, 1824- by the Connecticut Baptist Convention.
- Issues for Feb. 1824-Dec. 1825 also called v. 1-2; v. 17 (Mar. 23, 1838)-v. 53 (Dec. 30, 1874) also called n.s. v. 1-37, no. 25.
- Published for the Connecticut Baptist Convention and edited throughout the war and later by Elisha Cushman, the Christian Secretary was one of the more important Baptist weeklies. In its pages could be found, in addition to religious news and articles on religion, foreign and domestic news, biography, poetry, letters, and some advertising. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- Several pages are misnumbered, creased, stained, faded and tightly bound with some loss of text. Series 2, vol. 4: page 5 is cropped with some loss of text. Series 2 vol. vol. 14: issue 35 is missing. Series 2 Vol. 16: issue 1 is misdated. New series Vol. 12: issue 25 is missing. Vol. 35 (i.e. vol. 19) has nos. 5, 7, 12, 44 only. Have scattered issues for 1856.
- Title from caption.
- sf 88091030
View complete holdings information