Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Balance, and Columbian repository [microform]. (Hudson, N.Y.) 1801-1807
Hudson, N.Y. (1801-1807)
The Balance, and Columbian repository [microform]. : (Hudson, N.Y.) 1801-1807
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Hudson, N.Y.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Sampson, Chittenden, & Croswell
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (May 21, 1801)-v. 1, no. 33 (Dec. 31, 1801); v. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 5, 1802)-v. 6, no. 52 (Dec. 29, 1807).
- Columbia County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Hudson (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- New York (State)--Columbia County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01223301
- New York (State)--Hudson.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01208091
- Published in Hudson, New York, this weekly miscellany resembled a newspaper, having large-size pages and many advertisements. Among its varied contents were a section of moral and religious essays called "The Monitor," a section of poetry titled "The Wreath," articles on women's education and manners, an agriculture section, and literary notices. In addition there was some political material, including a section of speeches and addresses, proceedings of the state legislature and Congress, brief news items, and legal notices. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- sf 88092296
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information