Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Religious inquirer [microform]. ([Hartford, Conn.) 1821-1834
[Hartford, Conn. (1821-1834)
Religious inquirer [microform]. : ([Hartford, Conn.) 1821-1834
- Place of publication:
- [Hartford, Conn.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in 1834.
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 10, 1821)-
<Feb. 27, 1830-Feb. 12, 1831>
- Connecticut--Hartford County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211874
- Hartford (Conn.)--Newspapers.
- Hartford County (Conn.)--Newspapers.
- Editors: Nov. 10, 1821-Feb. 7, 1824, R. Carrique.--Sept. 4, 1824- J. Bisbe.
- Film incomplete: v. 6-12 wanting.
- In addition to printing material on the Universalist doctrine and news about Universalist societies, this Universalist magazine, which was published by "an association of gentlemen, " covered the activities of missionary societies and published news about missions in India and elsewhere and concerning new churches and meeting-houses. Extracts from the Boston Universalist Magazine were included, as well as biography, poetry, sermons, and letters. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- Merged with: Gospel anchor, and: Christian's bower, to form: Religious inquirer and Gospel anchor.
- Title from caption.
- sf 89090906
View complete holdings information