Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1925 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Atkinson's Saturday evening post and bulletin [microform]. (Philadelphia) 1833-1833
Atkinson's Saturday evening post and bulletin [microform]. : (Philadelphia) 1833-1833
- Alternative Titles:
Atkinson's Saturday evening post
S.E. post and bulletin
- Place of publication:
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- [Samuel Coate Atkinson]
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 13 = whole no. 597 (Jan. 5, 1833)-whole no. 634 (Sept. 21, 1833).
- Pennsylvania--Philadelphia County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217128
- Philadelphia (Pa.)--Newspapers.
- Philadelphia County (Pa.)--Newspapers.
- Once called "the great American nickelodean," Atkinson's Saturday Evening Post and Bulletin has, with its great diversity of offerings, amused and informed Americans longer than any other general magazine. In 1828 (see earlier title) Samuel C. Atkinson became the sole publisher, with Benjamin Mathias as his editor, and thus began the second phase of the Post's history. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- Whole no. 597-634 called also bulletin no. 270-307.
- sf 89091550
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information