Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The watchman [microform]. (Boston, Mass.) 1876-1913
Boston, Mass. (1876-1913)
The watchman [microform]. : (Boston, Mass.) 1876-1913
- Place of publication:
- Boston, Mass.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- [Watchman Pub. Co.]
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 57, no. 1 (Jan. 6, 1876)-v. 95 (Aug. 28, 1913).
- Boston (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- Massachusetts--Suffolk County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206189
- Suffolk County (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 75, no. 38 (Sept. 20, 1894); title from cover.
- Film incomplete: vols. for 1876-1894; 1907-1913 wanting.
- Merged with: Examiner; to form: Watchman-examiner.
- This weekly resembled a newspaper and its object was to present important religious news of every kind, as well as some non-religious material. Religious news included reports of Bible, missionary, and tract societies, both in the U.S. and abroad; accounts of revivals; and news on missions, on various churches, and on ordinations. Non-religious material included general news, poetry, book reviews, biography, and articles on history, education, and agriculture. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- sf 89092149
View complete holdings information