Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Western Christian advocate [microform]. (Cincinnati, Ohio) 1834-1929
Cincinnati, Ohio (1834-1929)
The Western Christian advocate [microform]. : (Cincinnati, Ohio) 1834-1929
- Place of publication:
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Published by C. Holliday and J.F. Wright for the Methodist Episcopal Church
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (May 2, 1834)-v. 95, no. 42 (Oct. 17, 1929) = [whole] no. 1-no. 5072.
- Cincinnati (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- Hamilton County (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- Ohio--Hamilton County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01205597
- "Christian" appears in title ornament, <1862-1864>.
- "Official organ of the Methodist Episcopal Church."
- Absorbed: Indianapolis area herald in 1925. Cf. Batzel, John D. Union list of United Methodist serials, 1773-1973.
- This Methodist weekly established in 1834 in Cincinnati published articles on literature, agriculture and the home, as well as poetry, Bible lessons, religious news items and articles on varied religious topics. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- Title from caption.
- Vol. 66 repeated in numbering.
- sf 89092199
View complete holdings information