Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The plough boy [microform]. (Albany, N.Y.) 1819-1820
Albany, N.Y. (1819-1820)
The plough boy [microform]. : (Albany, N.Y.) 1819-1820
- Place of publication:
- Albany, N.Y.
- Geographic coverage:
- Henry Homespun, Jr.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 5, 1819)-v. 1, no. 33 (Jan. 15, 1820).
- Albany (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Albany County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- New York (State)--Albany County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01210357
- New York (State)--Albany.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01225716
- Published on Saturday.
- The Plough boy was established by Solomon Southwick, who edited it under the name of "Henry Homespun." It published articles on gardening and agricultural methods, veterinary medicine, and entomology, as well as proceedings of agricultural societies, book reviews, poetry, biography, and foreign and domestic news. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- sf 89092276
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information