Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Colman's rural world [microform]. (St. Louis, Mo.) 1866-1916
St. Louis, Mo. (1866-1916)
Colman's rural world [microform]. : (St. Louis, Mo.) 1866-1916
- Alternative Titles:
Colman's rural world and valley farmer
- Place of publication:
- St. Louis, Mo.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Norman J. Colman
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 18, no. 1 (Jan. 1, 1866)-v. 69, no. 10 (May 25, 1916).
- Missouri--Saint Louis.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204930
- Saint Louis (Mo.)--Newspapers.
- Devoted to the "benefit of the farmer, gardner, fruit grower and stock raiser," Colman's Rural World was published for the farmer and his family. Articles included treatment of stock, barn and home architecture (plans for a 19' x 25' house for under $300), butter-making, notices of agricultural societies, designs of various farm implements and tools, homemaking hints and recipes, poetry, advertisements, grain and stock prices, and fiction for children. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- Film incomplete: Vol. 69, no. 1 (Jan. 5, 1916) last issue on film.
- Merged with: Journal of agriculture and star farmer; to form: Journal of agriculture.
- Title from caption.
- sf 89092854
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information