Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The daily union. (Washington [D.C.]) 1845-1857
Washington [D.C.] (1845-1857)
The daily union. : (Washington [D.C.]) 1845-1857
- Place of publication:
- Washington [D.C.]
- Geographic coverage:
District of Columbia
| View more titles from this:
- Thomas Ritchie & John P. Heiss
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (May 1, 1845)-v. 6, no. 310 (Apr. 15, 1857).
- Daily (except Sunday and Monday)
Feb. 19, 1856-1857
- Washington (D.C.)--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204505
- Washington (D.C.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service.
- Campaign eds.: Campaign (Washington, D.C. : 1848), 1848-1849, and: Campaign (Washington, D.C. : 1852), 1852-1853.
- Numbering is irregular.
- Published morning and evening editions on Saturday, Feb. 19, 1856-1857.
- Publisher varies: Thomas Ritchie, Nov. 5, 1848-May 31, 1849 ; Thomas Ritchie & Edmund Burke, June 1, 1849-Apr. 15, 1851 ; A.J. Donelson and Robert Armstrong, Apr. 16, 1851-May 12, 1852 ; Robert Armstrong, May 13, 1852-Feb. 28, 1854 ; A.O.P. Nicholson, Mar. 1, 1854-Dec. 4, 1855 ; A.O.P. Nicholson & J.W. Forney, Dec. 5, 1855-Mar. 27, 1856 ; A.O.P. Nicholson, Mar. 28, 1856-Mar. 5, 1857 ; John Appleton, Mar. 6, 1857-
- Volume numbering changed from v. 6 to v. 1 on Apr. 16, 1851, when the paper was sold to Andrew J. Donelson by Thomas Ritchie; on Apr. 16, 1857 original volume numbering resumed.
- sn 82003410
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information