Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The advance. (Chicago [Ill.]) 1867-1917
Chicago [Ill.] (1867-1917)
The advance. : (Chicago [Ill.]) 1867-1917
- Place of publication:
- Chicago [Ill.]
- Geographic coverage:
- The Advance Co.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Sept. 5, 1867)-v. 50 [i.e. 68], no. 2714 (Nov. 15, 1917).
- Chicago (Ill.)--Newspapers.
- Congregational churches--Newspapers.
- Congregational churches.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00875181
- Also available via the World Wide Web.
- Formed by the union of: Wisconsin puritan and Religious news-letter.
- Masthead alternately states: Chicago and New York or New York and Chicago, Dec. 2, 1875-May 20, 1880.
- Merged with: Congregationalist and Christian world, to form: Congregationalist and advance.
- Numbering irregular: vols. numbered 1-68 (1867-Nov. 23, 1916), then beginning with Nov. 30, 1916 through Nov. 15, 1917 vols. numbered: v. 49-50.
- Supplements accompany some issues.
- sn 82007018
View complete holdings information