Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Weekly American organ. (Washington, D.C.) 1854-1857
Washington, D.C. (1854-1857)
Weekly American organ. : (Washington, D.C.) 1854-1857
- Alternative Titles:
American weekly organ
- Place of publication:
- Washington, D.C.
- Geographic coverage:
District of Columbia
| View more titles from this:
- Josiah Melvin
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 20, 1854)-v. 3, no. 30 (May 28, 1857).
- Washington (D.C.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service.
- Issues for Jan. 12-Aug. 16, 1856 called also whole no. 61-wh. no. 92.
- Proprietors: S.C. Busey & Co., <Jan. 12, 1856>; Vespasian Ellis, <Aug. 16, 1856>.
- Published as: American weekly organ, Jan. 1, 1857.
- Supplements accompany some issues.
- sn 82014009
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information