Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The western monitor. (Lexington [Ky.]) 1814-1825
Lexington [Ky.] (1814-1825)
The western monitor. : (Lexington [Ky.]) 1814-1825
- Alternative Titles:
Lexington advertiser western monitor
May 25, 1819-
- Place of publication:
- Lexington [Ky.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Fishback & Sleight
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in Apr. 1825.
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Aug. 3, 1814)-
<Oct. 6, 1824-Apr. 9, 1825>
- Fayette County (Ky.)--Newspapers.
- Kentucky--Fayette County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206953
- Lexington (Ky.)--Newspapers.
- "Truth our object-Facts and reason our guide," Feb. 13, 1815-
- "Truth our object-Reason our guide," Jan. 6-27, 1815.
- Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service.
- Available on microfilm from UMI (Early American Newspapers).
- Brigham, C.S. Amer. newspapers
- Country ed.: Western monitor (Lexington, Ky. : 1822).
- Gregory, W. Amer. newspapers, 1821-1936
- Publishers: Fishback & Sleight, Aug. 3, 1814-May, 1815; Fishback and Thomas T. Skillman, <May-Aug., 1815>; Skillman & William G. Hunt, ed., <Aug. 11, 1815-Aug., 1818>; William Gibbes Hunt, Oct. 17, 1818-1823; William Tanner, <1823->; Thomas Curry, <1825>
- Shaw & Shoemaker
- Words "Lexington advertiser" appear in masthead ornament, May 25, 1819-<Apr. 9, 1825>
- sn 82014149
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information