Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Independent monitor. (Tuscaloosa, Ala.) 1837-1872
Tuscaloosa, Ala. (1837-1872)
The Independent monitor. : (Tuscaloosa, Ala.) 1837-1872
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Slade & Handley
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1837; ceased in Jan. 1872.
- "Whig," <1844>.
- Also issued on microfilm from the University of Alabama.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 23 (Nov. 17, 1838).
- Editors: A. Robinson, <1837>; B. Porter, <1837>; S. Miller, <1840-1844>; W. Smith, 1840-1855: T. Burke, <1855>; H. Whitfield, <1855>; W. Fowler, <1857-1860>; J. Garvin, <1860>; Robertson & Garvin, <1861>; R. Randolph, <1871>.
- Publishers: Robinson & Slade, <1838>; Slade & Handley, <1838>; M. Slade, <1840-1844>; A. Robinson, <1859>; W. Fowler, <1860-1861>; J. Garvin, <1866>; J. Harris, <1867>; W. Samuel, 1867-1869; R. Randolph, <1871>; J. Taylor, <1872>.
- Suspended 1862?-65.
- Suspended by order of the military government, June 23-July 14, 1868. Cf. Ellison, R.C. Hist. and bibl. of Ala. newspapers in the nineteenth cent.
- sn 82014193
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information