Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Bangor courier. (Bangor, Me.) 1833-1859
Bangor, Me. (1833-1859)
Bangor courier. : (Bangor, Me.) 1833-1859
- Place of publication:
- Bangor, Me.
- Geographic coverage:
- Wm. E.P. Rogers
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (July 2, 1833)-v. 26, no. 53 (July 5, 1859).
- Bangor (Me.)--Newspapers.
- "Devoted to literature, morality, agriculture, manufacture, arts, news, and politics."
- Beginning with <Apr. 5, 1842> issue: "In this paper are published the laws, treaties, &c. of the United States, by authority."
- Editors: S. Upton, H. Upton, 1833-1835; S. Upton, 1835- ; G. Marchant, -1837; J.S. Sayward, Aug. 1841-May 1854; W.H. Wheeler, May 1854-
- Publishers: G. Marchant & J. Smith, Sept. 1835-May 1838; J. Edwards & J. Smith, May 1838-Aug. 1841; J. Smith & J. Sayward, Aug. 1841-May 1854.
- sn 82014269
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information