Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About American sentinel. (Damariscotta, Me.) 1854-1893
Damariscotta, Me. (1854-1893)
American sentinel. : (Damariscotta, Me.) 1854-1893
- Place of publication:
- Damariscotta, Me.
- Geographic coverage:
- Marcus L.M. Hussey
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in 1893.
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 30, 1854)-
- Bath (Me.)--Newspapers.
- Damariscotta (Me.)--Newspapers.
- "A Social Fireside Companion; Devoted to Politics, Literature and General News."
- "Know-nothing" or "American" <1854>; "Republican" 1856-1893. Cf. Griffin, J. Hist. of the press of Me., 1872.
- Editors: E.B. French, 1854-1855; J.M. Lincoln, 1855-1866; E. Upton, Dec. 1866-Sept. 1869; W.E.S. Whitman, Sept. 1869-Oct. 1870; E. Upton, Oct. 1870-Oct. 1872; E. Upton & Son, Oct. 1872-1886.
- Other eds.: Bath daily sentinel; Semi-weekly sentinel; Daily sentinel and times; Bath daily times.
- Printer: Joseph M. Hayes, 1854-1863.
- Published at Bath, Me., Sept. 6, 1855-1893.
- Publishers: Marcus L.M. Hussey, 1855; J. Lincoln, Sept. 1855-Aug. 1866; E. Upton & H. Shorey, Dec. 1866-Sept. 1869; W. Whitman, Sept. 1869-Oct. 1870; E. Upton, Oct. 1870-Oct. 1872; E. Upton & Son, Oct. 1872-1886; J. Upton, 1886-1888; Sentinel and Times Pub. Co., Jan. 1889-Jan. 1893; J. Patten, Jan.-Apr. 1893.
- sn 82014355
- Preceding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information