Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Press and tribune. (Chicago, Ill.) 1859-1860
Chicago, Ill. (1859-1860)
The Press and tribune. : (Chicago, Ill.) 1859-1860
- Alternative Titles:
Press & tribune
- Place of publication:
- Chicago, Ill.
- Geographic coverage:
- John L. Scripps, Charles H. Ray, William Bross, Joseph Medill, and Alfred Cowles
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 12, no. 219 (Mar. 17, 1859)-v. 14, no. 98 (Oct. 24, 1860).
- Daily (except Sun.)
- "And" appears in title ornament.
- Also available on microfilm from Micro Photo Div., Bell & Howell Co.
- Also published tri-weekly and weekly editions.
- Editors: J.L. Scripps, C.H. Ray, W. Bross, J. Medill, A. Cowles, 1859-1860.
- Republican. Cf. James, E.J. Bibl. of newspapers published in Ill. prior to 1860.
- sn 82014511
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information