Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Southern watchman. (Athens, Ga.) 1854-1882
Athens, Ga. (1854-1882)
The Southern watchman. : (Athens, Ga.) 1854-1882
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Athens, Ga.
- Geographic coverage:
- John H. Christy
- Dates of publication:
-v. 28, no. 46 (Mar. 30, 1882).
Began in 1854.
- Athens (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Clarke County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 40 (Jan. 4, 1855).
- Issue for Mar. 30, 1882 has publisher's statement citing the title as Banner-Watchman, which reflects the merger (on Mar. 15, 1882)--of the Southern weekly banner with The Southern watchman.
- Merged with: Southern weekly banner, to form: Banner-watchman (Athens, Ga. : 1882).
- sn 82014669
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information