Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Sandwich Island gazette and journal of commerce. (Honolulu [Oahu] Hawaii) 1836-1839
Honolulu [Oahu] Hawaii (1836-1839)
Sandwich Island gazette and journal of commerce. : (Honolulu [Oahu] Hawaii) 1836-1839
- Alternative Titles:
S. Island gazette
S.I. gazette and journal of commerce
Sandwich Island gazette & journal of commerce
Aug. 5, 1837-July 27, 1839
- Place of publication:
- Honolulu [Oahu] Hawaii
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Mackinsosh & Co.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (July 30, 1836)- v. 3, no. 52 (July 27, 1839).
- Editor: S.D. Mackintosh, 1836-1838.
- Established in opposition to the government's policy concerning Catholic missionaries. Cf. Bibl. of the Hawaiian Is., 1869.
- Not published July 29, 1837.
- Printer: R.J. Howard, <1839>.
- Published as: Sandwich Island gazette & journal of commerce, Aug, 5, 1837-July 27, 1839.
- Publishers: S.D. Mackintosh & Nelson Hall, 1836; Mackintosh & Co., 1837-1838; S.D. Mackintosh, <1838>.
- sn 82014679
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information