Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The daily sun. (Columbus, Ga.) 1855-1873
Columbus, Ga. (1855-1873)
The daily sun. : (Columbus, Ga.) 1855-1873
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Columbus, Ga.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Thomas De Wolf
- Dates of publication:
-v. 19, no. 103 (Dec. 31, 1873).
Began July 30, 1855.
- Daily (except Monday)
- Columbus (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Muscogee County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01216552
- Muscogee County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Absorbed Columbus times (Columbus, Ga. : Daily) on Oct. 3, 1865. Masthead remained same, but publishers' block had title: Sun and times.
- Also issued on microfilm from the University of Georgia.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 16 (Aug. 16, 1855).
- Merged with: Columbus times (Columbus, Ga. : Daily), to form: Sun and Columbus enquirer.
- Publishers: Thomas De Wolf, <1856>; Thomas Gilbert & Co., <1862>, <1873>.
- Suspended Apr. 17-Aug. 30, 1865. Cf. Gregory, W. Amer. newspapers.
- Weekly ed.: Weekly sun (Columbus, Ga. : 1857), <1859>-1873.
- sn 82014939
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
- Related Links:
View complete holdings information