Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Daily chronicle & sentinel. (Augusta, Ga.) 1837-1876
Augusta, Ga. (1837-1876)
Daily chronicle & sentinel. : (Augusta, Ga.) 1837-1876
- Alternative Titles:
Chronicle & sentinel
Chronicle and sentinel
Daily chronicle and sentinel
Dec. 7, 1865-July 1, 1866
- Place of publication:
- Augusta, Ga.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- J.W. & W.S. Jones
- Dates of publication:
-new ser., v. 39, no. 2 (Jan. 2, 1876).
Began in 1837.
- Daily (except Monday)
Mar. 17, 1863-1876
- Augusta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Richmond County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Available on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries; University of Chicago Libraries, Dept. of Photographic Reproduction; and the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Sevice.
- Description based on: Vol. 4, no. 5 (Jan. 6, 1840).
- Formed by the union of: Augusta chronicle (Augusta, Ga. : 1831), and: State rights' sentinel.
- Issued, The Assembly reporter, daily during the 1st General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in the Confederate States, Dec. 5-17, 1861.
- Issues for Jan. 30, 1872-Jan. 2, 1876 called also old ser., v. 79, no. 24-v. 82, no. 2.
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 29, no. 115 (June 30, 1865).
- Publishers: J.W. & W.S. Jones, <1840>; William S. Jones, <1852>-1862; N.S. Morse, 1862-1863; N.S. Morse & Co., 1863-1864; N.S. Morse, 1864-<1866>; Henry Moore, A.R. Wright, <1867>.
- Triweekly eds: Augusta chronicle & sentinel, 1837, and: Chronicle & sentinel (Augusta, Ga. : Triweekly), 1838, and: Tri-weekly chronicle & sentinel, 1838-<1876>.
- Weekly eds.: Weekly chronicle & sentinel (Augusta, Ga. : 1838), <1838>-1864, and: Chronicle & sentinel (Augusta, Ga. : Weekly), 1864-1866, and: Weekly chronicle & sentinel (Augusta, Ga. : 1866), 1866-1876.
- sn 82015215
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information