Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Times-Argus. (Central City, Ky.) 1906-current
Central City, Ky. (1906-current)
The Times-Argus. : (Central City, Ky.) 1906-current
- Place of publication:
- Central City, Ky.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Central City Pub. Co.
- Dates of publication:
- Central City (Ky.)--Newspapers.
- Kentucky--Central City.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01219913
- Kentucky--Muhlenberg County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207200
- Muhlenberg County (Ky.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 34, no. 39 (Feb. 18, 1938).
- Rudd E. Reno bought this paper in 1938. He also owned the Messenger and began publishing both papers (Messenger on Thursday; Times-Argus on Friday), each with essentially the same content. Reno sold both papers to Larry L. Stone and Ralph G. Utley in 1946. Beginning Sept. 19, 1946 only one issue appeared each week with the two mastheads alternating unpredictably. Last use of the Messenger masthead in 1971?
- sn 82015396
View complete holdings information