Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Morning journal and courier. (New Haven [Conn.]) 1848-1894
New Haven [Conn.] (1848-1894)
Morning journal and courier. : (New Haven [Conn.]) 1848-1894
- Alternative Titles:
Daily morning journal and courier
Journal and courier
New Haven daily morning journal and courier
- Place of publication:
- New Haven [Conn.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- J.B. Hotchkiss & Co.
- Dates of publication:
-v. 62, no. 150 (June 23, 1894).
Began in 1848.
- Daily (except Sunday)
- Connecticut--New Haven.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206280
- New Haven (Conn.)--Newspapers.
- "Independent Republican."
- "Pledged to religion, liberty, and law."
- Available on microfilm from Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service, Connecticut State Library, Hartford, CT, and Yale University Library, Photographic Services, New Haven, CT.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 324 (Feb. 26, 1848).
- Editors: J.B. Carrington, J.B. Hotchkiss, <1850-1861>.
- Issues for <Jan. 2, 1865>-July 12, 1884 lack numbering but are called: <Vol. 37>-v. 52.
- Opposition newspaper published by striking printers being tried for conspiracy to ruin the Morning journal and courier: The Jour. printer, 1871.
- Publishers: Carrington, Hotchkiss & Co., <1864-1868>; Carrington & Co., <1868-1876>.
- Triweekly ed. also available, about 1851, title not certain.
- Weekly eds.: Connecticut journal and herald and weekly courier, 1848-186, and: Connecticut herald and weekly journal, 186 -1894.
- Whig, <1850-1852>; Republican, <1860>.
- sn 82015483
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information