Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The era. (New Orleans, La.) 1863-1865
New Orleans, La. (1863-1865)
The era. : (New Orleans, La.) 1863-1865
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- New Orleans, La.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- [Hills and Hills]
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Feb. 15, 1863)-v. 3, whole no. 617 (Jan. 18, 1865).
July 11, 1864-1865
- Louisiana--New Orleans.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204311
- Louisiana--Orleans Parish.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01223094
- New Orleans (La.)--Newspapers.
- Orleans Parish (La.)--Newspapers.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Newspapers.
- United States.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204155
- "An unconditional Union paper," <1864>
- Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service.
- Dates on the running title pages for Feb.-Dec., 1864 issues have overlapped dates: 186 and .
- Evening ed.: Era (New Orleans, La. : 1863 : Evening).
- Has occasional supplements.
- Issue of Jan. 1, 1865 announced the paper's termination, but it was reissued from Jan. 3 until Jan. 18, 1865. Cf. Copeland, F. "New Orleans press and the Reconstruction." La. Historical Quarterly 30(1947): 149-337.
- Publisher's name recorded in McMullan, T.N. La. newspapers 1794-1961.
- Weekly ed.: Era (New Orleans, La. : Weekly).
- sn 82015750
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information