Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The freeman. (Indianapolis [Ind.]) 1884-1927
Indianapolis [Ind.] (1884-1927)
The freeman. : (Indianapolis [Ind.]) 1884-1927
- Place of publication:
- Indianapolis [Ind.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Louis Howland
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1884; ceased in 1927.
- African American newspapers--Indiana.
- African Americans--Indiana--Indianapolis--Newspapers.
- Indianapolis (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Marion County (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 14 (Nov. 20, 1884).
- Editors: Louis Howland, <1886>; Edward E. Cooper, <1888>.
- Microfilmed for the Committee on Negro Studies of the American Council of Learned Societies and Bell & Howell, by the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service.
- Numbering starts over again in July 1888.
- Publishers: Edward E. Cooper, <July 21, 1888-May 22, 1892>; George L. Knox, <June 11, 1892->.
- sn 82016211
View complete holdings information