Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Public leger. (Richmond, Ind.) 1824-1828
Richmond, Ind. (1824-1828)
Public leger. : (Richmond, Ind.) 1824-1828
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Richmond, Ind.
- Geographic coverage:
- Edmund S. Buxton
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in June 1828.
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Mar. 6, 1824)-
- Richmond (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service, and Indiana State Library.
- Gregory lists the title as: Public ledger, even though issues do not carry that title. John Miller in his Indiana Newspaper Bibliography refers to the paper only as: Public leger.
- Issues for Mar. 6, 1824-<May 12, 1827> called: v. 1, no. 1-<v. 3, no. 154>; issues for <June 2, 1827-June 11, 1828> called: <v. 4, no. 1-v. 4, no. 51>, carry also whole numbering: <157-207>
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 4, no. 51 (June 11, 1828).
- Merged with: Western emporium (Centerville, Wayne County, Ind.); to form: Western times (Centerville, Wayne County, Ind.).
- Publisher: Samuel B. Walling, <1827>.
- sn 82016343
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information