Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Chicago herald. (Chicago, Ill.) 1881-1895
Chicago, Ill. (1881-1895)
The Chicago herald. : (Chicago, Ill.) 1881-1895
- Alternative Titles:
Chicago Sunday herald
Oct. 16, 1881-Sept. 3, 1882
Sept. 10, 1882-1895
- Place of publication:
- Chicago, Ill.
- Geographic coverage:
- Dates of publication:
No. 1174 (Oct. 5, 1881)- ; -14th year, no. 298 (Mar. 3, 1895).
Oct. 16, 1881-Mar. 3, 1895
- Chicago (Ill.)--Newspapers.
- Cook County (Ill.)--Newspapers.
- Illinois--Cook County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01205334
- Available on microfilm;
- Continues the numbering of Chicago morning herald (Chicago, Ill. : 1881).
- Issue for 2nd year (Nov. 25, 1882) is numbered and dated 102nd year, no. 38,031 (Nov. 25, 1982), issue for 5th year (Sept. 26, 1885) is numbered and dated 105th year (Sept. 26, 1985) and issue for 12th year (May 1, 1893) is numbered and dated 112th year, no. 357 (May 1, 1993) in commemoration of the future "Centennial of the Columbian exposition", and is printed on red, white and blue paper.
- Merged with: Times (Chicago, Ill. : 1894), to form: Chicago times-herald.
- Sunday issues have separate numbering system, Oct. 16, 1881-Mar. 3, 1895.
- Weekly ed.: Chicago weekly herald, 1881-<1888>
- sn 82016434
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information