Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Eagle. (Castine, Me.) 1809-181?
Castine, Me. (1809-181?)
The Eagle. : (Castine, Me.) 1809-181?
- Place of publication:
- Castine, Me.
- Geographic coverage:
- Printed by Samuel Hall
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 14, 1809)-
- Castine (Me.)--Newspapers.
- Hancock County (Me.)--Newspapers.
- Maine--Hancock County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01220486
- Available on microfilm from Readex Microprint Corp.
- From April 17, 1810-Dec. 14, 1811, masthead appears as an ornament of an eagle holding a banner that says "Honour, Peace and Commerce."
- Latest issue consulted: March 19, 1812.
- Suspended Dec. 21, 1811-Mar. 18, 1812.
- sn 83009593
View complete holdings information