Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1925 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Hingham journal South Shore advertiser. (Hingham, Mass.) 1850-1881
Hingham, Mass. (1850-1881)
Hingham journal South Shore advertiser. : (Hingham, Mass.) 1850-1881
- Alternative Titles:
Hingham journal and South Shore advertiser
South Shore advertiser
- Place of publication:
- Hingham, Mass.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- J.H. Wilder
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 4, 1850)-v. 32, no. 25 (June 24, 1881).
- Hingham (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- "And" appears in title ornament, <1851-1865>.
- Available also on microfilm from Spaulding Co., Stoughton, Mass.
- Editors: J.H. Wilder, <1850-1851>; T.D. Blossom & J.D. Clark, <1853>; T.D. Blossom & J. Easterbrook, 1854-<1871>; J. Easterbrook, <1871-1877>.
- Independent, 1850-1853; Neutral, <1854>; Republican, <1869-1870>; Neutral, <1871-1877>. Cf. Rowell, 1869-1875,1877.
- No paper issued Jan. 3, 1851; Dec. 31, 1858.
- Preceded by a prospectus dated Nov. 20, 1849.
- Publishers: T.D. Blossom & J.D. Clark, 1852-1853; T.D. Blossom & J. Easterbrook, 1854-1871; J. Easterbrook, 1871-1879; Fred H. Miller, <1880>.
- The Weymouth and Braintree transcript, and Norfolk County advertiser (non-extant?) was published from the same office starting in Jan. 1863.
- sn 83020537
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information