Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Worcester daily journal. (Worcester [Mass.]) 1847-1849
Worcester [Mass.] (1847-1849)
Worcester daily journal. : (Worcester [Mass.]) 1847-1849
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Worcester [Mass.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- James Hartwell Everett
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Sept. 1, 1847)-v. 2, no. 18 (Oct. 22, 1849).
- Daily (except Sun.)
- "Neutral in politics, with anti-slavery and temperance leanings." Cf. Wall, C.A. Reminiscences of Worcester, 1877.
- Editors: A.W. Thayer, Sept. 1, 1847-Apr. 29, 1848; W. Hunt, <Oct. 2-22, 1849>.
- Numbering sometimes irregular.
- Printer: J. Addison Allen, <Oct. 2-22, 1849>.
- Proprietor: J.H. Everett.
- Published at the same office: Semi-weekly journal (Worcester, Mass.), <Oct. 1, 1847-May 22, 1848>; Farmers' and mechanics' weekly journal, Oct. 6, 1847-<May 22, 1848>; Bay State farmer and mechanics' journal (non-extant?), <1849- .
- Publishers: James H. Everett & Co., Dec. 1, 1847-Apr. 28, 1848; James H. Everett, May 1-22, 1848; J. Hartwell Everett & Samuel V. Stone, Oct. 2-22, 1849.
- sn 83020927
View complete holdings information