Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1925 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Daily Republican. (Lynchburg, Va.) 1858-1869
Lynchburg, Va. (1858-1869)
Daily Republican. : (Lynchburg, Va.) 1858-1869
- Alternative Titles:
Daily Lynchburg Republican
<Jan. 26-Mar. 29, 1865>
Lynchburg daily Republican
- Place of publication:
- Lynchburg, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Glass & Hardwicke
- Dates of publication:
Began in Oct. 1858; ceased in Sept. 1869.
- Daily (except Mon.)
- Lynchburg (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm from American Antiquarian Society.
- Cappon suggests Daily Republican (Lynchburg, Va. : 1858) succeeded the semiweekly ed.: Republican (Lynchburg, Va. : 1856 : Semiweekly) in Oct. 1858.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 28 (Nov. 16, 1858).
- Editor: Robert. H. Glass, <June 10, 1861-July 24, 1861>.
- Issues for Jan. 26-Mar. 29, 1865 are called: Daily Lynchburg Republican. Issue for May 22, 1865 is called: The Lynchburg Republican.
- Publishers: Hardwicke, Morgan & Foster, <Mar. 2, 1869>-Aug. 28, 1869; Betts, Hardwicke & Foster, <Aug. 29, 1869->.
- Suspended Apr.-May 12, 1865.
- sn 83021189
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information