Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Thomas's Massachusetts spy, or, the Worcester gazette. (Worcester, Mass.) 1781-1786
Worcester, Mass. (1781-1786)
Thomas's Massachusetts spy, or, the Worcester gazette. : (Worcester, Mass.) 1781-1786
- Alternative Titles:
Thomas's Massachusetts spy, or, Worcester gazette
Thomas's the Massachusetts spy, or, Worcester gazette
- Place of publication:
- Worcester, Mass.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- I. Thomas
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 11, no. 524 (May 24, 1781)-v. 16, no. 782 (Mar. 30, 1786).
- Worcester (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- Worcester County (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- "The noble efforts of a Virtuous, Free and United People, shall extirpate TYRANNY and establish LIBERTY and PEACE."
- Also issued in micro opaque and microfilm from Readex Microprint Corp; Also available online.
- Brigham, C.S. Amer. newspapers
- Continues numbering of: Thomas's Massachusetts spy, or, American oracle of liberty.
- Index: Rice, F.P. Worcester newspaper index, 1783-1848.
- Suspended in Apr. 1786, to protest the state tax on advertisements; replaced by: Worcester magazine (Worcester, Mass. : 1786), not subject to the tax, and resumed with Apr. 3, 1788 issue, after the tax was repealed.
- sn 83021197
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information