Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Columbian centinel. (Boston, Mass.) 1804-1840
Boston, Mass. (1804-1840)
Columbian centinel. : (Boston, Mass.) 1804-1840
- Alternative Titles:
Columbian American Federalist centinel
Columbian centinel American Federalist
Columbian centinel Massachusetts Federalist
Columbian Massachusetts Federalist centinel
- Place of publication:
- Boston, Mass.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- B. Russell
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 42, no. 3 (Sept. 5, 1804)-v. 77, no. 6166 (May 23, 1840).
- Boston (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- Suffolk County (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- "Massachusetts Federalist" appears within masthead ornament, 1804-Dec. 31, 1817; "American Federalist" appears within masthead ornament, Jan. 21, 1818-1840.
- Also issued in microform from Readex Microprint Corp. and the New York Public Library.
- Assumed the numbering of the Independent chronicle & Boston patriot (Boston, Mass. : Semiweekly) with v. 77, no. 6160 (May 2, 1840).
- Daily eds.: Daily Columbian centinel, 1830-1836, and: Daily centinel and gazette, 1836-1840.
- Issues for Sept. 5, 1804-Apr. 29, 1840 called also whole no. 2134-no. 5854.
- Merged with: Boston commercial gazette (Boston, Mass. : Semiweekly), and: Independent chronicle & Boston patriot (Boston, Mass. : Semiweekly), and: New-England palladium (Boston, Mass. : 1840), to form: Boston semi-weekly advertiser.
- Printer: Thomas Hudson, <1821>
- Publisher varies: Adams & Hudson, <June 1833>-
- sn 83021272
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information