Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The weekly mountaineer. (The Dalles, Or.) 1860-1882
The Dalles, Or. (1860-1882)
The weekly mountaineer. : (The Dalles, Or.) 1860-1882
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- The Dalles, Or.
- Geographic coverage:
- W.H. Newell
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1860; ceased in 1882.
- Dalles (Or.)--Newspapers.
- Oregon, Eastern--Newspapers.
- Wasco County (Or.)--Newspapers.
- "Mountaineer" partially superimposed on title ornament, <1861>-Sept. 27, 1873.
- Also available on microfilm from University of Oregon.
- Daily ed.: Daily mountaineer (Dalles, Or.).
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 36? (Oct. 12, 1860); title from masthead.
- Editors: W. Newell, 1860-Sept. 1865; E. G. Cowne and J. Halloran, Nov. 1865-Feb. 1867.
- Latest issue consulted: v. 21, no. 18 (Jan. 22, 1881).
- Merged with: Weekly times (Dalles, Or.) to form: Dalles times-mountaineer (Dalles, Or.).
- Publishers: W.H. Newell, 1860-Sept. 1865; Cowne & Halloran, Nov. 1865-Feb. 1867; W.M. Hand, Mar. 1867- Sept. 1881; and Col. T. S. Lang, Sept. 1881-Aug. 1882.
- Republican, <1876>.
- sn 83025135
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information