Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Daily news of the Virgin Islands. (Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, V.I.) 1955-1978
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, V.I. (1955-1978)
The Daily news of the Virgin Islands. : (Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, V.I.) 1955-1978
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, V.I.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- [Art Shop
- Dates of publication:
26th year, no. 8712 (Aug. 1, 1955)-48th year, no. 12043 (May 17, 1978).
- Daily (except Sunday)
- Charlotte Amalie (United States Virgin Islands)--Newspapers.
- United States Virgin Islands--Charlotte Amalie.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01861757
- "The only independent Virgin Islands newspaper serving the people of the Virgin Islands."
- 40th anniversary ed., Aug. 1, 1970; 160 pp., 45th anniversary ed., Aug. 1, 1975. Contained ill. history of the islands and newspaper publishing in the territory.
- Editor: Ariel Melchior, Sr., 1955-1964; Ariel Melchior, Jr., 1964-1976; John Thompson, Jan.-Apr. 1977; Carter Hague, Apr. 1977-May 1978.
- sn 83025327
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information