Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The centinel of freedom. (Newark, N.J.) 1796-1823
Newark, N.J. (1796-1823)
The centinel of freedom. : (Newark, N.J.) 1796-1823
- Alternative Titles:
Sentinel of freedom
- Place of publication:
- Newark, N.J.
- Geographic coverage:
- D. Dodge
- Dates of publication:
Ceased with vol. 27, no. 52 (Sept. 2, 1823).
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Oct. 5, 1796)-
- Essex County (N.J.)--Newspapers.
- Newark (N.J.)--Newspapers.
- Available on microfilm and microopaque from Readex Microprint Corp.
- New banner used beginning Oct. 4, 1797; "C" in "Centinel" is very ornate and could be mistaken for "S," 1797-1823.
- Not published Mar. 21, 1809.
- sn 83025467
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information