Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Union and Dakotaian. (Yankton, Dakota Territory [S.D.]) 1864-1873
Yankton, Dakota Territory [S.D.] (1864-1873)
The Union and Dakotaian. : (Yankton, Dakota Territory [S.D.]) 1864-1873
- Alternative Titles:
Union & Dakotaian
- Place of publication:
- Yankton, Dakota Territory [S.D.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Geo. W. Kingsbury
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 2 (Dec. 3, 1864)-v. 12, no. 32 (Nov. 13, 1873).
- Dakota Territory--Newspapers.
- South Dakota--Yankton County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207911
- South Dakota--Yankton.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01228901
- United States--Dakota Territory.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01228148
- Yankton (S.D.)--Newspapers.
- Yankton County (S.D.)--Newspapers.
- "Devoted to building up Dakota.", "Oldest and largest newspaper in the Territory."
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 2 (Dec. 3, 1864).
- Editors: M.K. Armstrong, 1864-1869; J.S. Foster and C.H. McIntyre, 1869-1870; A. Linn, 1870-1873.
- Issues for Nov. 17, 1866-Mar. 31, 1870 called also whole no. 84-whole no. 414.
- Latest issue consulted: May 8, 1873.
- Merged with: Yankton press, to form: Press and Dakotaian.
- Publishers: McIntyre & Foster, 1869-1870; McIntyre, Foster & Linn, 1870; Arthur Linn, 1870-<1873>.
- Title varies slightly.
- sn 83025477
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information