Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Yankton press. (Yankton, Dakota Territory [S.D.]) 1870-1873
Yankton, Dakota Territory [S.D.] (1870-1873)
The Yankton press. : (Yankton, Dakota Territory [S.D.]) 1870-1873
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Yankton, Dakota Territory [S.D.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Yankton Press Print. Co.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Aug. 10, 1870)-v. 4, no. 13 (Nov. 12, 1873).
- Weekly (Daily, except Sun., during legislative session of Dec. 5
- Dakota Territory--History--Newspapers.
- Yankton (S.D.)--Newspapers.
- Yankton County (S.D.)--Newspapers.
- "Devoted to News, Politics, Education, and the Development of the Resources of Dakota."
- "First daily paper in Dakota."
- Available on microfilm from: State Archives, South Dakota State Historical Society.
- Description based on: Aug. 10, 1870.
- Latest issue consulted: Nov. 12, 1873.
- Merged with: Union and Dakotaian, to form: Yankton press and union and Dakotaian.
- Publishers: Nov. 9, 1870-Nov. 12, 1873, Stone & Kingsbury.
- sn 83025488
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information