Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Semi-weekly telegraph. (Great Salt Lake City, Utah) 1864-1869
Great Salt Lake City, Utah (1864-1869)
The Semi-weekly telegraph. : (Great Salt Lake City, Utah) 1864-1869
- Place of publication:
- Great Salt Lake City, Utah
- Geographic coverage:
- [T.B.H. Stenhouse]
- Dates of publication:
Ceased with Dec. 30, 1869 issue?
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Oct. 10, 1864)-
- Ogden (Utah)--Newspapers.
- Salt Lake City (Utah)--Newspapers.
- Salt Lake County (Utah)--Newspapers.
- Utah--Salt Lake City.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01205314
- Utah--Salt Lake County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207106
- Utah--Weber County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01212943
- Weber County (Utah)--Newspapers.
- Available on microfilm from The State Historical Society of Wisconsin.
- Daily eds.: Salt Lake daily telegraph; Salt Lake daily telegraph and commercial advertiser.
- Editors: T.B.H. Stenhouse, 1864-1869; E.L. Sloan, 1869.
- Extra printed in English and Danish, Oct. 12, 1865. With Oct. 16, 1865 items in Danish printed under heading, "Dansk lœsning."
- From Oct. 30, 1865, published in a Northern and Southern edition.
- Illustration, Jan. 8, 1866: new railway power printing press.
- Published at Ogden, Utah, May-July 1869.
- Publisher's name recorded in Alter, J.C. Early Utah journalism, 1938.
- Suspended July 29-Aug. 23, 1869. Cf. NIM.
- sn 83025536
View complete holdings information