Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Democratic register. (Lawrenceburgh, Ind.) 1851-1877
Lawrenceburgh, Ind. (1851-1877)
The Democratic register. : (Lawrenceburgh, Ind.) 1851-1877
- Place of publication:
- Lawrenceburgh, Ind.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- E.F. Sibley
- Dates of publication:
-41st year, no. 10 (Mar. 8, 1877).
Began in Aug. 1851.
- Dearborn County (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Lawrenceburg (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- "The oldest paper in Dearborn County."
- Description based on: Vol. 7, no. 13 (Aug. 22, 1851).
- Publishers: 1851, Hebard & Myers; 1851-1852, Torbet & Goble; 1852, Oliver B. Torbet; 1852, Torbet & Scott; 1852-1853, Oliver B. Torbet; 1853, John G. Dunn; 1853-1871, Addison Bookwalter; 1871-1877, Edward F. Sibley.
- Subtitle: 1851-1862, "Our country--our country's interests--our country's friends"; 1862-1871, A family journal devoted to the interests of our country, and the dissemination of useful knowledge; 1876-1877, At this time, and for the past forty years, the official paper of Dearborn County.
- With Dec. 2, 1853 issue--which was misdated Dec. 1st--paper began a "New series" of numbering which it continued until Mar. 17, 1871. The Mar. 17th issues was called "twentieth year, no. 11," but with the Mar. 24, 1871 issue, the paper re-assumed its earlier numbering, calling that issue "twenty-eighth year, no. 12." "Twenty-eighth year" is consistent with the Vol. 7 beginning designation of this title. A further change was made in Apr., 1875. Between the Apr. 22nd and the Apr. 29th issue, the year designation changed from "thirty-second year" to "thirty-ninth year." "Thirty-ninth year" is consistent with the ending designation of this title.
- sn 83025611
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information