Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The South-Carolina & American general gazette. (Charlestown [S.C.]) 1764-1781
Charlestown [S.C.] (1764-1781)
The South-Carolina & American general gazette. : (Charlestown [S.C.]) 1764-1781
- Alternative Titles:
South Carolina and American general gazette
- Place of publication:
- Charlestown [S.C.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- R. Wells and D. Bruce
- Dates of publication:
-v. 24, no. 1144 (Feb. 28, 1781).
Began in 1764.
Oct. 13, 1780-1781
- Charleston (S.C.)--Newspapers.
- Charleston County (S.C.)--Newspapers.
- South Carolina--Charleston County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01210029
- South Carolina--Charleston.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204603
- Available on microfilm from University Microfilms international; Charleston Library Society.
- Brigham, C.S. Amer. newspapers
- Description based on: No. 347 (July 3, 1765).
- Issues for <July 3, 1765>-Dec. 25, 1767 called <no. 347>-no. 476 and issues for Jan. 1, 1768-1781 called v. 11, no. 477-v. 24, no. 1144.
- Publishers: R. Wells, 1765-1774; R. Wells & Son, 1775; J. Wells, 1775-1781.
- Suspended May 7-22, 1779; Dec. 24, 1779-Jan. 12, 1780.
- sn 83025790
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information