Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Allegheny Mountain echo, and Johnstown commercial advertiser and intelligencer. (Johnstown, Pa.) 1853-1861
Johnstown, Pa. (1853-1861)
The Allegheny Mountain echo, and Johnstown commercial advertiser and intelligencer. : (Johnstown, Pa.) 1853-1861
- Alternative Titles:
Allegheny Mountain echo, Johnstown commercial advertiser and intelligencer
Mar. 28-July 25, 1855
- Place of publication:
- Johnstown, Pa.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- G. Nelson Smith
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1853; ceased in Apr. 1861. Cf. Storey, H.W. Hist. of Cambria Co., Pa.
- Cambria County (Pa.)--Newspapers.
- Johnstown (Cambria County, Pa.)--Newspapers.
- Pennsylvania--Cambria County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204900
- Pennsylvania--Johnstown (Cambria County)--fast--(OCoLC)fst01719818
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Sources.
- United States.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204155
- "A family paper devoted to politics, domestic and foreign news, literature, speeches, debates, amusement, & art, tales, poetry, etc."
- Continues: Mountain echo and Johnstown commercial advertiser and intelligencer. Cf. Storey, H.W. Hist. of Cambria Co., Pa.
- Democratic, 1853-<1854>.
- Description based on: New ser., v. 1, no. 4 (May 25, 1853).
- Editors: Eml. J. Pershing, <1853>; George Nelson Smith, 1853-<1854>.
- Issues for <May 25, 1853-June 22, 1859> called also <whole no. 108-363>.
- Published every Wednesday morning.
- sn 83025962
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information