Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Brother Jonathan. (New York [N.Y.]) 1839-186?
New York [N.Y.] (1839-186?)
Brother Jonathan. : (New York [N.Y.]) 1839-186?
- Place of publication:
- New York [N.Y.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Griswold and Co.
- Dates of publication:
- New York (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- New York County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Daily eds.: Evening tattler (New York, N.Y. : 1839), 1839-1840, and: Dispatch and tattler, 1840, and: Evening tattler (New York, N.Y. : 1840), 1840-1842.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 4 (Aug. 3, 1839).
- Editors vary: N.Y. Willis & H. Hastings Willis, <1841> ; John Neal, <1843>; Henry C. Deming, <1844>; Benjamin H. Day, <1851-1860>.
- Issued a semi-annual pictorial sheet for the Fourth of July and for Christmas and the New Year.
- Publisher varies: Griswold and Co., 1839; Wilson & Co., 1839-<1842>; J. Winchester, <1844>; Wilson and Co., <1845-1851>; Benjamin H. Day, <1852-1862>.
- Vol. 3, no. 10 (Sept. 4, 1841)=whole no. 113.
- sn 83030224
- Preceding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information