Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Szabadság = Liberty. (Cleveland, Ohio) 1910-199?
Cleveland, Ohio (1910-199?)
Szabadság = Liberty. : (Cleveland, Ohio) 1910-199?
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Geographic coverage:
- E.T. Kohányi
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in 1995 or 1996?
Evf. 20, sz. 10 (1910. jan. 13.)-
Oct. 6, 1972-
- Cleveland (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- Cuyahoga County (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- Hungarian Americans--Ohio--Newspapers.
- Hungarian Americans.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00963900
- Ohio--Cuyahoga County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01202752
- "An American newspaper in the Hungarian language."
- A national (New York) edition, identical in literary and advertising content to the Cleveland edition but dated one day later, is published until Jan. 19, 1944; then, a western and an eastern edition are published, again dated one day later than Cleveland edition, until 1959.
- Also available on microfilm from Center for Research Libraries and Cleveland Public Library.
- Editors: T. Kohányi, Jan. 13, 1910-Mar. 9, 1913; John Biro, July 25, 1913-Jan. 1, 1917; Andrew Cserna, Nov. 21, 1918-Sept. 14, 1929; Joseph Muzslay, Mar. 27, 1934-Mar. 11, 1935; Paul J. De Petheo, Mar. 11, 1935-Feb. 20, 1939; Zoltán Gombos, Feb. 21, 1939-
- In Hungarian; English language page included from Sept. 15, 1938-Sept. 19, 1942; published with English suppl., Sept. 5, 1986-
- Merged with: Amerikai Magyar népszava (Cleveland, Ohio), to form: Amerikai Magyar népszava, szabadság.
- Some issues accompanied by supplements.
- sn 83030413
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information