Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Freedom's journal. (New-York [N.Y.]) 1827-1829
New-York [N.Y.] (1827-1829)
Freedom's journal. : (New-York [N.Y.]) 1827-1829
- Place of publication:
- New-York [N.Y.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Cornish & Russwurm
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Mar. 16, 1827)-v. 2, no. 27 (Sept. 26, 1828) ; v. 2, whole no. 80 (Oct. 3, 1828)-v. 2, whole no. 104 (Mar. 28, 1829).
- African Americans--Newspapers.
- African Americans.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00799558
- New York (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- New York (State)--New York County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01234953
- New York (State)--New York.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204333
- New York County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- "First newspaper published by Blacks in the United States." Cf. Antebellum black newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service, the New York Public Library, Recordak, and KTO Microform.
- Also issued online.
- Issues for Apr. 11, 1828-Sept. 26, 1828 called also whole no. 55-whole no. 79.
- sn 83030455
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Links:
View complete holdings information