Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Spirit of the times. (New York [N.Y.]) 1868-1892
New York [N.Y.] (1868-1892)
The Spirit of the times. : (New York [N.Y.]) 1868-1892
- Place of publication:
- New York [N.Y.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- E. A. Buck
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 18, no. 20 (July 4, 1868)-v. 123, no. 15 (Apr. 30, 1892).
- New York (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- "A chronicle of the turf, field, sports, agriculture and the stage."
- "The American gentleman's newspaper."
- "The sole and only recognized sporting authority of the Western hemisphere."
- Editor and proprietor: George Wilkes.
- Merged with: New York sportsman; to form: Spirit of the times and the New York sportsman.
- Publisher varies: Geo. Wilkes and E.A. Bucks, <1877>
- Vol. 29 is renumbered to vol. 86 in 1873 to correspond with the numbering of original Spirit of the times which was called: The Spirit of times & life in New-York.
- sn 83030749
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information