Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The chronicle. (Mount Vernon, N.Y.) 1869-1898
Mount Vernon, N.Y. (1869-1898)
The chronicle. : (Mount Vernon, N.Y.) 1869-1898
- Place of publication:
- Mount Vernon, N.Y.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Joseph S. Wood
- Dates of publication:
; -whole no. 1860, (Aug. 26, 1898).
Began with Sept. 25, 1869 issue.
- Mount Vernon (Westchester County, N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Westchester County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- "Independent in everything--neutral in nothing."
- "Intensely local!"
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 49 (Aug. 27, 1870).
- Editors: C.A.D. Meyerhoff, No. 1; Joseph S. Wood, 1869-1884; Daniel Lewis, 1884-1893; J.M. Taylor, 1893-1898.
- Extra published with Mount Vernon record, May 11, 1898: Chronicle-record extra.
- Hufeland, O. Checklist,
- Merged with: Mount Vernon record (Mount Vernon, N.Y. : 1897) to form: Chronicle-record.
- sn 83031256
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information