Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Poughkeepsie American. (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) 1850-1853
Poughkeepsie, N.Y. (1850-1853)
Poughkeepsie American. : (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) 1850-1853
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- [Isaac Tompkins & Elias Pitts]
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1850.
Ceased in 1853.
- Dutchess County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- New York (State)--Dutchess County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207498
- New York (State)--Poughkeepsie.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01214704
- Poughkeepsie (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- "Democratic Republican."
- Description based on: Vol. 5, no. 225 (Oct. 19, 1850).
- Publishers' names recorded in French, J.H. Gazetteer of the state of N.Y., 1860.
- Publishers: Isaac Tompkins & Elias Pitts, <1850>; Elias Pitts, <1852>.
- sn 83031845
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information