Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Utica morning herald and daily gazette. (Utica, N.Y.) 1857-1900
Utica, N.Y. (1857-1900)
Utica morning herald and daily gazette. : (Utica, N.Y.) 1857-1900
- Alternative Titles:
Utica morning herald & gazette
Utica morning herald and gazette
- Place of publication:
- Utica, N.Y.
- Geographic coverage:
- Ellis H. Roberts
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 10, no. 75 (Jan. 30, 1857)-v. 52, no. 115 (Mar. 14, 1900).
- Daily (except Sunday)
- New York (State)--Oneida County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01209049
- New York (State)--Utica.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207805
- Oneida County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Utica (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm from UMI.
- Merged with Utica evening dispatch to form Utica herald-dispatch and daily gazette.
- Printers went on strike and began: Press (Utica, N.Y.), Mar. 13, 1882.
- Publishers: Ellis H. Roberts, 1857-Nov. 30, 1872; Ellis H. Roberts & Co., Dec. 2, 1872-<Feb. 15, 1881>
- Weekly eds.: Oneida weekly herald and gazette and courier, Feb. 3, 1857-Dec. 15, 1863, and: Utica weekly herald and gazette and courier, Dec. 22, 1863-May 26, 1896.
- sn 83031871
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information