Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Eastern state journal. (White Plains, Westchester County, N.Y.) 1845-1918
White Plains, Westchester County, N.Y. (1845-1918)
Eastern state journal. : (White Plains, Westchester County, N.Y.) 1845-1918
- Place of publication:
- White Plains, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- T.J. & E.G. Sutherland
- Dates of publication:
Began in May 1845. Cf. Publisher's statement, Sept. 1, 1876.
Ceased in 1918.
- Westchester County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- White Plains (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- "Light, Liberty and Truth."
- "Without fear."
- Also issued on microfilm from Hudson Microimaging.
- Democratic, <1852-1876>.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 2 (May 15, 1845).
- Editor: Edmund G. Sutherland, <1852-1876>.
- Merged with: Home news (White Plains, N.Y.), to form: Home news and eastern state journal. Cf. Westchester Co. and its people.
- Publishers: Edmund G. Sutherland, <1848-1876>; Charles D. Horton, <1890-1902>; Eastern State Journal, <1903-1913>.
- sn 83031950
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information